Sunday, October 09, 2005

I know, I know

It's been a long time since my last post. It's a running blog, and I'm not running. My knee is still sprained. Actually, it hurts to walk, so I can't do pretty much anything. I need to go back in and have it looked at again. Anyway, I *have* been a little Team in Training active. I spent the entire weekend out at the new Firewheel Town Center, volunteering and slinging burgers and sodas for the cause! I met some cool people, I raised some money (and hopefully earned a little for my fundraiser too!), and I talked to some police officers about their job. That was actually really, really cool, because police work (and most public service type stuff in general) has always really appealed to me. (I did almost enlist in the Army last year too) Anyway, other than that, I've missed alot of training. I'm trying not to think about it, because worrying isn't gonna do anything, but it's hard not to. Especially this weekend when everyone was discussing their goals. Not to mention that since I've been not running, the weather has been pretty consistently awesome. *Sigh*

But! I did do one other good thing. I was waiting for the thank you certificate to arrive, but I just can't wait anymore. Ready? I cut my hair off and donated it to Locks of Love. Thirteen inches of hair to be precise. How much hair is that? Glad you asked.




Forgive the emo-ness of the second picture, I was trying to look Myspace-ish So there's always that. I'm looking towards the positives. Not the negatives. Speaking of positive, I'm 20% of the way to my fundraising goal! That's so awesome guys! I appreciate all of it! Thank you infinitely. On behalf of me, and Tre, and all the Leukemia Society, it's so amazing the generosity that people have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home