Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Wk 2, Day 2

Downtrodden... It seems like my time is just getting slower. (at this rate I'll be running the marathon for like 13 hours. I think they shut the course by then..) Of course, I may have actually run a little over 2 miles today, but not much. First, the heat and humidity. It's killing me. The humidity by itself isn't too bad, since my lungs seem to operate a little bit better with the extra lubricant, but the heat in conjunction? Man, it's bad. How in the hell can it possibly be 88 degrees at 10 PM!? Maybe Texas isn't optimal marathon location, but it's what I got! Ran about .8 (or .9) miles to the high school, ran around the track once, (.25 mi) and ran the longer way home, about a mile. Not sure how keen I was on this route, a lot of slant to the roads, and it felt like my right achilles was taking a big work out. Tomorrow's my off day, which will be filled with soccer. Well, maybe fencing, then soccer. We'll see.

Recommended Distance: 2 mi
Completed Distance: 2 mi
Time: 27 min 12 sec
Weather: 88 degrees, 45.9% humidity. Clear.

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 6:48:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

On the comment below, check out Run On... I think there's one on Coit somewhere? Coit and Campbell? Jon and I went there to get new running shoes awhile back, and they did a great job of sizing up our feet, and matching our style/amount of running with the right shoes. Take your old ones with you, they'll look at the wear pattern on the sole.

And keep up the good work! Your dedication is awesome. I ought to get off my arse and do the same.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home