Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Day 2

Ah, Day 2. Not alot to report. The run was easier (although my legs were alot less sore today than they were at the onset of yesterday's run) and well, it went well. I ran down a different route today than normal (mixing it up a bit), but it should have been between three quarters of a mile and a mile somewhere. So I ran somewhere between a mile and a half and two miles. The humidity is much lower today than it was yersterday, which was nice at least. I ran tonight after my Stitch N Bitch, where it was just Lauren and I this evening. I happened to mention that I was running for TNT for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and then she told me about how her grandmother passed away of Leukemia a few years ago. Of course, I always feel awkward when people talk about sad stuff, so I immediately doubled my talking pace and blathered incessantly about how absolutely fantastic the LLS and TNT program are. I don't mean to do things like that (and felt bad) but I think sometimes my mouth manages to speak faster than my brain can tell it to stop. I hope she wasn't offended. *sigh* I offered to make her grandmother one of my honoured heroes and run with a bracelet with her name on it. For me, it's easier to relate to a person than a disease. Since I have had health problems in the past, I find it easier to relate to others, than to talk about how awful the disease is. I get caught up in trying to think of all of the people I know that have it so horrible for various reasons, and that really motivates me to try and work to change it. I'm still unsure how others respond to that, but I'm always hyper worried about hurting someone's feelings inadvertantly. Anyway, tomorrow is an off night for the running, but I'll be playing soccer (for the last night) with my all-girls team. Let's hope we win!

Recommended Distance: 1 mi
Completed Distance: 1.5 mi-2 mi
Time: 18-20 minutes (I inadvertantly stopped my watch)
Weather: 85 degrees, 40% humidity. Clear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home